Thursday, August 20, 2009

Review: District 9


OK so I saw this movie last night and I have to say it was very original. We had to pre-order tickets online because both Tuesday night shows ended up being sold out. This movie clearly has a lot of hype so here is what I thought:

The filming style and effects are the most realistic I have EVER seen in a movie. The way the movie is shot and and way the aliens react to everything is amazing, we have come a long way from Starship Troopers The storyline however could be better, the movie is too gory and the aliens seem way too human-like. This move is definitely style over substance but it's very stylish indeed. Since we showed up 2 minutes late we had to sit in the front row, I guess this added to the experience. To sum it up, great action movie but you won't give it deep thought once you leave the theater

Rating: ★★★

PS...best part of the whole movie the main alien's name was "chris johnson"