Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jelena Jankovic > Ana Ivanovic


But Jankovic didn’t see it that way, nor did her mother Snezana, who reportedly told the Serb media after Jankovic went 1-1 in singles and 0-1 in doubles in a hard-fought 3-2 loss to the Slovaks, “Jelena missed only one match for Serbia in 10 years. This time she flew 48 hours across the world to play, despite a serious injury. At the same time, somebody else had coffee somewhere while my child played, hurting for her country.”

The coffee reference was to Ivanovic, who was photographed at the time in a cafe in Mallorca with her pro golfer boyfriend Adam Scott of Australia.

Jankovic added about her two-day trip (because of the volcanic ash) from Florida through Israel and Cyprus to get to Belgrade, “I felt like a zombie. I’d had no sleep, my left wrist was swollen and I hadn’t hit a ball for a week. But I am a patriot. FULL STORY