Monday, June 21, 2010

Život, grijeh i kajanje: Od Kistanja do Kočevskog roga


Really good autobiography by Simo Dubajić my dad recently finished reading and suggested to me. I've been meaning to write a post on him for a while now and not just because he's my grandma's brother but because I don't think he's been fairly portrayed in the Croatian media in the time leading up to his passing last July. He's often associated with ordering the infamous Bleiburg massacre in which thousands of Nazi Ustasa were executed at the end of WWII. I won't get into the fact that if anybody in history deserved to die it was these animals but I would like to note Simo was 21 years old at the time and was simply following orders from above (from Tito)

Again, a really good read for anyone interested in Serbian and Croatian relations from WWII to the present. Život, grijeh i kajanje: Od Kistanja do Kočevskog roga covers all that and more

RIP